Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Wardrobe Project: Days 9 and 10



From Monday (counterclockwise from top left):

Navy blue shirtdress: Moda International on eBay for $8 (including shipping!). I thought from the pictures that this was going to be an actual shirt material, but it's actually really thick jersey. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but then I added the belt.
Tan skinny belt: $3 at K-Mart. Totally cute notched design, and for three bucks? Yes, please.
Oatmeal-colored cotton cardigan: Kohl's for like $8. I am generally not a fan of Kohl's, but every once in a while I'll find something decent. Dillard's had these for sale at the same time I bought this for $20. It pays to shop around.
Brown elephant necklace: JCrew knockoff on eBay for $1 or something ridiculous like that.
Tan riding boots: Lucky Brand; $200-ish on endless.com a couple years ago. Okay, this was a big splurge. I think I used my entire tax return to buy these, but I adore these boots and am so glad I bought them.

From today:

I used this picture from Pinterest as inspiration...


...and came up with this.

Melon-colored Dolman-sleeve top: TJ Maxx; $8 or something like that. I bought this last year when I was about 8 months pregnant and sick to death of my clothes, but still refusing to cave and buy anything labeled as maternity wear.  
Gray skinny corduroys: Lauren Conrad (from Kohl's) thrifted from a Facebook friend; $5. I used to hate wearing cords for the longest time, but I love these.
Gray scarf: K-Mart; $3.
Tortoiseshell glasses: Claire's or something. They're not prescription. I just love wearing glasses sometimes.
Boots: You know the boots.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love all of your bargain finds. I have the LC skinny jeans and they are my favorites...I would love to have the cords too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very comfortable. It's not something I would have sought out, but they were posted on FB for $5 and I figured why not!

      Delete