Monday, September 17, 2012

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." -Albert Camus

I'm in kind of bad mood, so I'm cheering myself up with another Top 5 list. Get used to them. In honor of the upcoming chilly weather (yay!) this one is the Top 5 Things I Love About Autumn.



1. The clothes. So many great colors, patterns, and fabrics. I love me a flip flop, but boots are my favorite kind of shoes. I also don't have the cutest legs (they're pale and kind of skinny), so tights are a big plus, too. And layering makes me feel like I worked harder at planning my outfits than I actually do.

2. The temperatures. Hot weather is unpleasant to me. I do not look forward to summer at all. I am itchy and sneezy and sweaty and frizzy from May to September. I much prefer 50 to 60 degree days and chilly evenings wrapped up in a blanket around a bonfire.

3. The drinks. Just off the top of my head... caramel apple cider, peppermint hot chocolate, soy chai, salted caramel hot chocolate, and hot tea with honey and lemon. Mmm-hmm.
4. The decor. I've already busted out some glittery fake gourds and pumpkins for the mantel and have potted three mums for outside. I have big plans for the fall decorations this year.

5. The holidays. I haven't been a big Halloween fan since sixth grade or so, but I'm looking forward to it this year because we got Hank an adorable costume and I can't wait to tool around in his stroller and see all the other equally adorable costumes. On the other hand, I adore Thanksgiving. This year, Kyle and I are hosting it, which will probably be horribly nerve-wracking and messy, but I'm looking forward to wearing an apron and making magic in the kitchen. I also love Christmas shopping with my mom or my cousin Rachel on a crisp fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment